Whether you have an existing will/trust, or are writing a new one, it’s simple to leave a gift to Crosswalk Teen Center. This step-by-step guide takes you through the main things to consider when writing your will or trust.
- Think about the friends, family and charities you want to remember in your will. Naturally, people want to look after family and loved ones first, but many people find after they have been taken care of, they are able to leave something to a cause they hold dear.
- Choose an executor. This is a person who is responsible for carrying out the wishes contained in your will. This is a person you can trust, such as family, friends or legal advisors.
- Decide what type of gift you would like to leave. Some people leave a specific sum of money, or item, others a share of their estate. Find out more about the different types of legacy gifts.
- Add Crosswalk Teen Center to your will. We suggest using the following wording: I leave (amount/share of estate) to Crosswalk Teen Center, 103 W Lawrence, Charlotte, MI 48813, Tax Identification Number 46-1271912, in the hope they use this gift for (specify program area).
- If you have an existing will, you can add Crosswalk Teen Center with a “codicil”. This legal instrument allows for changes without redrafting the entire document. Contact your attorney.
- Get in touch. Leaving a gift to Crosswalk Teen Center in your will is one of the most valuable and lasting ways you can support us. Please let us know if you have supported us in this way – we’d love to be able to thank you properly. Contact Us.